A good career ladder helps to provide a framework for career growth. Understanding how ladders across industry look can be helpful for managers and reports, and should be a mandatory first step for anyone attempting to create their own.
Similar to our engineering ladder, we used several industry references to iterate on our product management ladder. Here are links to some of those helpful resources:
- Sachin Rekhi’s PM Career Ladders
- Rocket Blocks Product Management Career Path
- XO Group Product Manager Levels (from the former CPO of InVision)
- ProductPlan Product Management Career Path
- Mind the Product PM Job Titles
- Ken Norton PM Levels