A good engineering ladder is important because it gives a framework for growth and rewards. Understanding how ladders across industry look can be helpful for managers and reports, and should be a mandatory first step for anyone attempting to create their own.
As we worked through iterations of our engineering ladder, the following resources were invaluable inputs. Enjoy:
- Artsy Compensation Framework
- Buffer Engineering Career Framework
- Chartbeat Engineering Ladders
- Chuck Groom’s Ladder
- Enova Career Ladders
- Fog Creek Professional Ladder
- Kickstarter Career Ladder
- Medium Engineering Growth Framework
- Rent the Runway Career Ladder
- Spotify Technical Career Path
Not an engineer? Check out our archive of product management career ladders.